Welcome to the SAQA New York Blog

Friday, October 1, 2010

NY SAQA Featured Artist of the Month, Karen Loprete


Since childhood Karen has been pursuing her creative self. After college, graduate school and years of working in the graphic design profession, Karen found working with fiber most satisfying.

Karen now devotes her time to her passion for stitching with her expressive use of color and texture creating artwork that is uniquely hers.

“I am an artist who chooses to express my passions for the many moods of color and texture through quiltmaking. Making art is how I cope. My escape. My salvation.”

Known for her extensive handwork and color choices, Karen Loprete creates one of a kind artworks to hang or hang out with.

Karen is  a member of the Studio Art Quilt Associates, Connecticut Piecemakers and the Valley Arts Council which have all proven to be valuable ways to connect with like-minded people.
Her  work has been shown and is hanging across the world!  Karen states "This is a very exciting aspect for me – imagining the joy I might be spreading".

To see more of Karen's work go to www.karenloprete.com




1 comment: